Welcome to First Connections!
First Connections is a non-profit, family support organization that provides comprehensive services to families with infants and young children. Funded through a Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Grant, First Connections provides support to families with children birth through age 8 in eleven metro-west communities including Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Harvard, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Sudbury, and Westford.
More about Early Childhood Council and Child Care Tuition Assistance.
Seniors and Small Fries
Join parents, children and senior citizens for an intergenerational story, song, and craft afternoon in Carlisle. Projects will be geared toward ages 2-5, are free, and open to families from any town.
Thursday, November 13
Wednesday, December 17
RSVP for 1 or both dates: email@example.com Bring your grandparents or senior friend!
Emerson Healthy Living Upcoming Classes
Learn infant CPR and take home a kit for future practice. $50 for up to two participants.
November 18 or December 9
Baby Care for Grandparents
Learn the new baby care "rules" in this fun class. $30/couple
December 18, 7-8:30 pm
Geared toward 10-13 year olds includes first aid and a Certificate of Participation.
November 15 or December 13
9:00-2:00 p.m., $45
To Register: call 978-287-3777 or go to www.emersonhealthyliving.org
PLAYGROUPS:There are still spots available in the following Fall 2014 playgroups.
- 0-11 Mo. Non-mobile baby playgroup in Boxboro
- Littleton Library Toddler Group
- Science Playgroup at The Discovery Museum in Acton
- The Raising Challenging Children program is currently in the screening phase and will begin when we have 8 parents registered.
- A 6-session Working Parents Group will run on Saturday mornings when we have 6 parents registered.
- Preparing for Parenthood on November 15 or December 6, 1-3:00 pm, has openings.
- Adoption Learn & Play Group is actively recruiting new members.
The Early Years Parent Education Series
Presented by The Peter Pan Center for Social & Emotional Growth, 60 Willow Road, Ayer
11/6/14: Physical, Language, and Cognitive Development
11/13/14: Emotional and Social Development
11/20/14: Tips & Tools for Toddler & Preschool Behavior
12/4/14: Tips & Tools for Kindergarten-Grade 2 Behavior
12/11/14: Schedules, Routines & Transitions: Using Positive Behavioral Supports for Survival!
12/18/14: Let's Review and Practice!
Parents/caregivers of children with special needs are encouraged to participate. Babysitting available with reservations ($10 first child, $5 additional child). Attend the full series ($240 one parent/$360 both parents, or $45/workshop one parent/$70 both parents). 978-772-1255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emotional Well Being After Baby, meeting weekly, is always open to new moms. While this is an ongoing, weekly group, before attending for the first time please contact the facilitator, Laurie Ganberg, LICSW at email@example.com or 978-287-0221, ext. 219. Childcare provided for older siblings with advance notice.
Every Monday, 10:00-11:30 a.m. at First Connections, Concord
Playgroup Registration for September 2014 is now open Click Here for a complete list.
To register for any of the above workshops/ programs email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-287-0221